How Well do You Know What’s Happening Inside Your Mouth?
No, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario is not setting up a branch office in Trent Hills. They will not be training up a new cohort of Campbellford Orthodontists or preparing a wave of fresh graduate to perform dental implants in Campbellford.
I am talking about the Dr. Giuliani College of Dental Knowledge, where you get to take the final exam, right here, and right now. The questions aren’t going to be too technical, but it is important that you know the answers, because they relate directly to your dental health. So, no questions about amalgam, no fashion questions about the latest trend for braces in Campbellford, Hastings or Warkworth. So without further ado, let’s get at it.
(PS Answers are at the bottom of the page. No peeking)
1. How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
2. How many times a day should you floss your teeth?
3. How long should you brush your teeth for in order to do a thorough job?
4. When is the most important time to brush your teeth?
5. How many teeth does the average adult have including wisdom teeth?
6. How far from the toilet should you store your toothbrush to avoid airborne particles landing on it?
7. How often should you change your toothbrush?
8. T or F: Raisins and dried fruits can cause more tooth decay than chocolate because they stay on the teeth longer and therefore feed the bacteria that cause tooth decay.
9. How often should the average adult have their teeth cleaned professionally?
10.T or F: Your oral health does not affect your overall health
11. If a tooth gets knocked out, can it be reinserted?
12. What sex smiles more, men or women?
13. T or F: Smokers are 3 times more likely than non-smokers to lose all of their teeth
14. T or F: Complete denture wearers, having no teeth, do not need to see a dentist for checkups
Bonus Question: A snail’s mouth is no larger than a pin head, how many teeth does it have?
1 A. 2
2 A. Once
3 A. Two minutes
4 A. Bedtime
5 A. 32
6 A. 6 feet
7 A. Every 3 months or after a cold or flu
8 A. T
9 A. Recommended twice a year
10 A. F
11 A. Y but immediately, 15 minutes it will die. If a tooth gets knocked out and you can’t reinsert it, what should you do with it? Transport it to the dentist in a cup of milk or water as soon as possible or keep in your mouth if no water or milk is available
12 A. Women by far 62 to 8 times a day, children over 400
13 A. T
Bonus: Over 25,000 and they are found on it’s tongue.